Howard P. Goodman, MA, LMFT
Licensed Psychotherapist, MFC # 46986
5525 Oakdale Avenue, Suite # 410, Woodland Hills, CA91364
Office: (818) 754-8644
- Alcohol/Chemical Dependency
- Sex Addiction
- Dual Diagnosis
- Gravely Disabled/ Mental Health populations
- Men’s Issues
- Adolescents and Teens
M.A. Counseling Psychology
Pacifica Graduate Institute, Carpinteria, CA.
Languages Bachelor of Arts, English
Marietta College, Marietta, OH.
American Sign Language
Dual Addiction Treatment Center
Prominence Treatment Center, Calabasas, CA March 2014 – Present
- Facilitates comprehensive psychosocial assessment, and diagnostic summary
- Coordinates Needs and Service plan for assigned clients within 90 days of admission.
- Updates Needs and Service plan.
- Initiates discharge plan within two weeks of discharge and makes revisions as needed.
- Individual psychotherapy and/or case management sessions for assigned clients.
- Group counseling, education, and meetings as assigned.
- Family/conjoint therapy as assigned.
- Participates in case review meetings and clinical supervision.
- Coordinates treatment objectives for assigned clients with Program Director and staff.
- Coordination of all treatment services needed for assigned client caseload.
- Coordinates care with inter-disciplinary treatment team.
- Facilitates ancillary services/community referrals for assigned clients.
- Ensures client records for assigned caseload are comprehensive and complete.
- Writes progress notes after each individual and/or group session.
- Facilitates legal commitments with client caseload.
- Maintain contact with referral network.
- Request and maintain records from outside sources.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center
Soba Treatment Center, Malibu, CA November 2013 – . March 2014
- Responsible for the provision of appropriate services for all clients.
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor all aspects and components of the clinical program to ensure quality of care.
- Evaluate clinical program and implement changes as necessary.
- Develop program policies and procedures.
- Supervise treatment team to ensure quality and continuity of care, i.e., therapists, counselors, group leaders, psychiatrists, and contractors.
- Facilitates development of communication/organizational systems to ensure efficientoperations.
- Ensures that referral sources, parents, and payers are updated on a weekly basis by telephone, letter, etc. Ensures that contacts are documented in the chart.
- Responsible for overseeing the timely completion of all clinical paperwork, i.e., psychosocial, assessments, treatment plans, treatment plan updates, and discharge plans.
- Ensures accurate record keeping, i.e., group attendance logs, progress notes, U/A testing log.
- Reviews client’s records for quality of treatment documentation and planning.
- Reviews staff communication and shift logs for treatment implications.
- Intervenes, and assists as needed, clinically with clients (crises, crisis intervention, special needs, etc).
- Oversees hiring, training and performance evaluations of all new staff.
- Provides and schedules clinical training, in-services, and staff development activities.
- Facilitates weekly staff and treatment planning meeting.
- Participate in quality assurance and utilization review activities.
- Must provide and document a specific plan of supervision and at least 20 hours of in-service training per year for the employees
- Responsible for assessment and pre assessment (LIC 603) of all clients including interview with client and responsible parties.
DMH Dual Diagnosis Mental Health Program
Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs (SCADP) Whittier, CA April 2011 – September 2013
- Assessment and Diagnosis (DSM 5 Axis).
- Develop individual treatment plans.
- Provide 20 hours a week of combined Independent Living Skill training, Individual and Group therapy; Case Management, Rehabilitation, and Recreational therapies.
- Record daily Progress notes & Billing minutes in LAC/DMH on-line System.
- Supervise two (2) MFT Interns, providing them each with one (1) hour of individual Supervision and (2) two hours of group Supervision per week.
- Coordinate patient services: medical, dental, rehabilitation services.
- Supervise medication compliance.
- Provide timely updates to patient’s families, LA County liaison, and Conservators.
Los Angeles Police Department, Prostitution Diversion Program
2012 – Present
- Lecturer/Facilitator~ Conduct 1 hour Psycho-educational PowerPoint Presentation on Sex Addiction for LAPD Diversion Program for people convicted (first-time) of soliciting prostitutes
Books & Publications
The Staying Sober Handbook: Step-by-step guide to recovery from Addiction,
2016, Strand Line Press, Malibu, CA